License agreement between VT Merlin Communications and you, the end user.
The word "software" is used here to include both computer programs and data. The software contained in this package is subject to the following license terms and conditions (note that due to variations in local law some of these terms and limitations may not apply to you):
1. This is a single copy software license granted by VT Merlin Communications Ltd. The software in this package is licensed to you as the end user. It is not sold.
2. This software is copyrighted material. The copyright is owned by VT Merlin Communications or its suppliers. VT Merlin Communications is a company registered in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, with its postal address at VT Merlin Communications, 20 Lincoln's Inns Fields, London WC2A 3ED, UK. Once you have paid the required single copy license fee, you may use the software for as long as you like provided you do not violate the copyright and you follow these simple rules.
3. You may use the software on any computer for which it is designed so long as no more than one person uses it at any one time. You must pay for additional copies of the software if more than one person will be using it at the same time on one or more computers.
4. The software must be kept in your possession or control.
5. You may not make any changes or modifications to the licensed software. You may not decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reverse engineer the software. You may not rent or lease it to others. You may not install it on a computer network unless only one person can use it at a time or you have purchased additional licenses.
6. The software is for private use only by individuals. Commercial use of the software is outside the terms of license agreements and is prohibited.
The supplier warrants that the software itself will perform substantially in accordance with the specifications set forth in the documentation provided with it. The factual content of any data supplied is not guaranteed. These express warranties are made for a period of sixty (60) days from the date the software is delivered to you as the first user. The software has been designed for stand-alone computers operating under Microsoft Windows 98 or 2000 or XP. While the program can work on networks without problem, due to the wide variety of network configurations the Supplier does not guarantee the functioning of the software in a networked environment.
Refunds will be given at the discretion of the company management.
OTHER WARRANTIES OR LIABILITY
Neither VT Merlin Communications nor the supplier warrants that the functions contained in the software will meet your requirements or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error free. The software warranty does not cover any copy of the software which has been altered or changed in any way by you or others. VT Merlin Communications and its suppliers are not responsible for problems caused by changes in the operating characteristics of the computer hardware or operating system which are made after the delivery of the software. Any implied warranties or conditions including any warranties or conditions of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose are excluded. Neither VT Merlin Communications. nor its suppliers shall in any case be liable for special, incidental, consequential, indirect or other similar damages arising howsoever (including but not limited to such damages arising from any breach of these warranties) even if VT Merlin Communications or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Except in respect of liability which is by law incapable of exclusion, VT Merlin Communications and the Suppliers aggregate liability whether of negligence, breach of contract, misrepresentation, inability to use the software or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the license fee paid for the right to use the licensed software.
The warranties set forth above are in lieu of all other express and implied warranties, whether oral, written, or implied, and the remedies set forth above are your sole and exclusive remedies. Only an authorised officer of VT Merlin Communications. may make modifications to this warranty, or additional warranties binding on VT Merlin Communications. Accordingly, additional statements such as advertising or presentations, whether oral or written, do not constitute warranties or conditions by VT Merlin Communications Ltd. and should not be relied upon as such. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and the provisions of this warranty do not affect or prejudice your statutory rights in any case where you are obtaining a license otherwise than in the course of a business. The license constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between the parties and supersedes any prior agreement or understanding whether oral or written, relating to the subject of this license. This agreement may only be modified by a written agreement signed by VT Merlin Communications
The laws of England and Wales shall govern this agreement. No term of this agreement confers on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any term of this agreement.